International online discussion. “Are we building the next world together? “
The threads of collaboration, sustainability, and how artists moved across cultures in their work.
May, 16, Sunday, 12-14 UTC (15.00 Moscow time)
EMA Expo 2021 invites you to the online discussion where artists from China, Brazil, South Asia, South Africa and Russia will try to answer the question “are we building the next world together?” through the prism of intercultural and interdisciplinary interaction. All participants worked in art residencies in Switzerland – this common experience will be the starting point in talking about intercultural dialogue and building connections in the field of contemporary art. Artists will present their projects influenced by Swiss residencies and reflect on sustain intercultural exchange, horizontal connections in the uncertain times we are in.
- Ban Lei (China) sound and game artist, his works follow self-operated artificial intelligence, and aim to create a world of unknown dimension.
- Halik Azeez (Sri Lanka) visual artist, uses Instagram as a main platform, his approach to image making embraces the public realms of media and print technology.
- Сibelle Сavalli Bastos (Brazil) artist, musician, independent researcher and activist. Cibille has a conceptual, expanded field and interdisciplinary practice that includes thought production, performance, sound art, video, painting, sculpture and installation.
- Miranda Moss (South Africa), artist, her works combine sublime, magical elements with everyday, banal ones by frequently incorporating found objects and ephemeral, natural processes.
- Anna Titovets (Russia), media artist, digital and new media curator, curator of many art&science festivals, educational programs, and exhibitions in Russia and Europe.
Moderator: Peter Kirn, independent curator and artist who has collaborated with CTM, MUTEK, and SÓNAR+D and created platforms for interdisciplinary exchange for artists.
The language of discussion – English
The discussion will take place in zoom.
Link to join zoom-conference
Conference ID: 863 7819 0331
Access code: 252551
Photo (c) EMA EXPO 2021