A Commitment to Swiss Arts and Culture
Pro Helvetia Moscow is committed to cultural exchange between Switzerland and Russia since 2017. The head office of Pro Helvetia, the Swiss Arts Council is based in Zurich, Switzerland.
We thank you for your interest in joining Pro Helvetia Moscow and committing to our goals in a diverse and dynamic work environment.
As a publicly financed institution we try to keep our administrative costs as low as possible. We therefore ask you not to send us any unsolicited job application.
The Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia employs around 110 staff members in Switzerland and various regions around the world dedicated to promoting Swiss arts and culture.
The Foundation runs a regional liaison office in Moscow, which is mandated to support projects in the region.
We are appointing as of 1st of January 2022 or by arrangement a
Head of Pro Helvetia Moscow (100%)
You will be responsible for the general management (conceptual as well as administrative and financial) of the liaison office, supervise 4 to 5 employees, working in close cooperation with and reporting to our head office in Zurich, Switzerland.
Your responsibilities / Tasks
You will manage and strategically develop Pro Helvetia’s activities in Russia, elaborate and monitor the office’s annual programme, process applications in all art disciplines (except film) in collaboration with the specialists at our head office in Switzerland, as well as to ensure the accurate reporting on the office’s activities. You will build new and expand the office’s existing networks within the arts sector in Russia and Switzerland and maintain relations with other foreign arts councils, Swiss representations (Swiss embassies and consulates) and regional arts and cultural bodies. You will promote, stimulate and support (in cooperation with cultural actors and partners from the region) artistic/cultural projects with Swiss content as well as cultural exchange activities with Swiss and Russian participants and be responsible for the financial administration of such projects. In addition, you will oversee the communication strategy of the office. Furthermore, you will contribute your knowledge of the region and critical insights to the further development of Pro Helvetia’s global activities, in dialogue with your peers within the organisation in Switzerland and around the world.
The profile we are looking for:
- University degree or equivalent education
- Competence in conceptual thinking and willingness to take on responsibility, excellent communication and networking skills
- At least 10 years of professional experience in cultural project management and administrative work
- Proved experience in leading an organization or a complex programme, including expertise in accounting, personnel and financial management.
- Thorough networks in and knowledge of the contemporary cultural scenes in Russia and professional expertise within at least one artistic discipline covered by Pro Helvetia’s activities
- Familiarity with the international (incl. European) arts environment and strong cross-cultural sensibilities
- Excellent knowledge of English and Russian (written and spoken), knowledge of German and/or Italian or French is not a requirement, but of advantage
- Experience with the production of cultural events
- Very good interpersonal skills, intercultural competence and ability to work hands-on
- Flexibility to work irregular hours (evenings and weekends) and travel for business
- Applications from non-Moscow based candidates are welcomed if there is willingness to relocate to Moscow
How to apply
Send your full application in English (CV, 1-page motivation letter, diplomas/reference letters – preferably in 3 files) and at least two contactable references to email@example.com. Include the email subject “Head Moscow”. Kindly note that incomplete applications will be disregarded. There deadline for applications is the 25th of July 2021. A confirmation letter that the application is received will be sent. Please note our data protection regulations before you apply.
Pro Helvetia is committed to diversity and equal opportunities in its teams. We promote professional equality of all genders and lifestyles. We are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from people with a different social and cultural background who are not yet part of Pro Helvetia.