Fast forward into the future: the Covid-19 pandemic has changed cultural life beyond recognition and confronts the art and cultural world with a new reality. In the current situation, artistic connections have become particularly fragile and it is of utmost importance to design new formats for interaction within the cultural community. More than ever, there is an urgent need to develop a new language and tools to continue creative communication, collaboration and exchange between Russia and Switzerland.
Pro Helvetia Moscow is seeking projects that propose new ways of sustaining artistic dialogue and exchange in the coming months that speak to the challenges of restricted mobility and address the current re-evaluation of international cultural activities and economic headwinds. At such times, it is particularly important to remain connected and collaboratively think of the future. Pro Helvetia Moscow invites proposals with innovative ideas and new formats from Russian artists and organizations from all disciplines. Experimental forms of artistic cooperation and collaboration that reflect on a new creative reality are particularly welcome.
As a one-off grant, it is important that these projects can be continued and developed beyond the current Covid-19 crisis. They should provide a new understanding of mobility in the arts and can stand as promising and encouraging examples of new norms of cultural interaction and exchange.
- Open to individuals, creative teams or organizations based in Russia. One application per person, team or organization.
- Open to all disciplines that Pro Helvetia Moscow supports: literature, visual arts, contemporary dance, theatre, design and interactive media, music and interdisciplinary projects.
- Projects with a focus on exchange practices and new forms of artistic collaboration are welcome.
- The project does not necessarily need to be tied to a direct outcome or have Swiss participants, but the proposal should include clear ways and steps how it will contribute to future exchange and collaboration between the Swiss and Russian artistic scenes and artists.
- Project description must clearly outline the vision, specific assessable goals and a well-defined budget (not exceeding CHF 10’000).
- We do not support cultural projects that are conceived and may be involved in free performance and streaming.
- Applicants must apply all recommended COVID-19 safety procedures for the safety of all artists and public involved in the project.
- Projects should be completed by February 2021.
- Applications must be written in English.
Call open until: 15 August 2020
To apply click here
For any inquiries please contact email@example.com